Monday 9 June 2014

Smile :)


How can you bring a smile upon someone's face? Right, there are so many possible ways to do so. I decided to bake because yes, I love it and I know that there are other people out there who also have a bit of a sweet tooth and long for something sweet every now and then :)
My best friend moved into her own appartment this week and I thought this to be a wonderful occasion to take out my apron, whisk and all the other useful pieces of equipment and start baking.

Normally I'm not that kind of person who bakes cupcakes. Maybe it's because of my trembling hands or my love of pies. However, this week I overcame my fear of cupcakes and took the challenge. I already tried out this recipe once before about a year ago and therefore knew that the sweet taste would finally make up for all the effort (yes, they were part of my present but I knew that there would be at least one for me ;)).

Do you know this custom of giving bread and salt as a present to someone who has just moved into a new house or appartment? I did this the last time a friend of mine moved, first because I love the wonderful taste that starts filling the air when the bread is still in the oven and second because well, it's your own bread, you know the ingredients and somhow it's something that few people do these days.
Nevertheless, this time I couldn't find the right motivation for baking bread. I was looking for something more special (even though I have to admit that baking your own bread is already special enough these days) - something worthy of a moving-in present. So I decided to bake these cupcakes, Strawberry-Vanilla, yummy.

The frosting was the greatest challenge because my hands always start to tremble exactly when I should really keep them calm. BUT, my intention was not to create perfect cupcakes, I told myself that I would be happy if they tasted great - if you ask me, definitely the most important thing!
The final result didn't even look that bad! When I stood there outside the new appartment with the plate of cupcakes, I wasn't the only person with a huge smile on her face - mission accomplished :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment